Interactive Breakout Discussions
Interactive Breakout Discussions are informal, moderated discussions, allowing participants to exchange ideas and experiences and develop future collaborations around a focused topic. Each discussion will be led by a facilitator who keeps the discussion
on track and the group engaged. The facilitator will lead from the front of the room while attendees remain seated to promote social distancing. For virtual attendees, the format will be in a Zoom room. To get the most out of this format, please come
prepared to share examples from your work, be a part of a collective, problem-solving session, and participate in active idea sharing. Please visit the Breakout Discussion page
on the conference website for a complete listing of topics and descriptions.
TUESDAY, 22 MARCH, 2022
17:15 Interactive Breakout Discussions
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION # 1: The Future of Upstream Development
Mark Duerkop, CEO, Novasign GmbH, Austria
- Cell line vs process development; where is the sweet spot?
- New processes for new products
- Process improvements by process modeling
- Current analytical challenges and solutions
INTERACTIVE DISCSSION # 2: Optimizing Downstream Processing
David O’Connell, PhD, Lecturer in Biotherapeutics, School of Biomolecular & Biomedical Science, University College Dublin
- New modalities, new challenges
- Emerging DSP technologies
- Overcoming bottlenecks
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION #3: Gene Therapy CMC and Development
Otmane Boussif, PhD, Chief Technical Officer, Sensorion Pharmaceuticals
- CMC Challenges
- Regulatory expectations
- Preparing for commercialization
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION #4: Mass Spectrometry in Biopharmaceutical Development
Dan Bach Kristensen, PhD, Principal Scientist, Symphogen, Denmark
- What separation techniques are being used as a front end to MS and why?
- What sample preparation workflows (intact, deglyc., subunit, pepmap) are used and why?
- Is MS being used for characterization of PTMs, higher order structure, structure-function or other?
- MS in compliant GMP testing – current status and plans
- How to deal with MS data storage, processing and reporting challenges?
18:00 Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall with Poster Viewing
WEDNESDAY, 23 MARCH, 2022
17:25 Interactive Breakout Discussions
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION # 5: Intensified Processing and Implications for Sustainable Manufacturing
Stefan R. Schmidt, MBA, PhD, COO & Head, Operations, BioAtrium AG
- Economic driving process intensification
- Integrated, Continuous approaches
- Environmental impact
- Sustainable biomanufacturing
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION # 6: Challenges in Cell Therapy CMC and Analytics
Christopher Bravery, PhD, Consulting Regulatory Scientist, Consulting on Advanced Biologicals Ltd.
- Common CMC issues
- Regulatory expectations
- Analytical development
18:00 Close of Day