Interactive Breakout Discussions
FACILITATED, SMALL-GROUP DISCUSSIONS. INTERACTIVE PARTICIPATION LEADS TO PROBLEM-SOLVING SOLUTIONS AND FUTURE COLLABORATIONS AROUND FOCUSED TOPICS.
Join your colleagues and fellow delegates for a focused, informal discussion moderated by a member of our speaking faculty. A small group format allows participants to meet potential collaborators, share examples from their own work and discuss ideas with peers.
TUESDAY, 16 MARCH, 12.05pm - 12.25pm
Automation and Digitization for Process Development
Alan Baines, Director, Project Lead Testing Solutions, Lonza BioScience Solutions
Rob Lutskus, Associate Director, Lonza Global Informatics
- Productivity increases – data from aseptic sampling and automation case studies
- Improved data quality from automated sampling and automated data capture
- Quality and data integrity improvements from electronic batch records
- Automated data collection and removal of redundancies with paperless systems
Optimizing biopharma downstream processes: Enhance efficiencies and cost-effectively in downstream production
Willie Hesselink, Senior Technical Application Project Manager, Biopharma Production, Avantor
- Fields of improvement in DSP
- Chances and Challenges of Digitalization
- Current chromatography technologies
- Raw material handling strategies
- Process improvements in small-scale and big-scale manufacturing
WEDNESDAY, 17 MARCH, 10.15am - 10.45am
Technologies for the Future of Bioprocess Development: What Are They and How to Choose?
Moritz von Stosch, PhD, Chief Innovation Officer, Datahow, Switzerland
- What are the bioprocess (development) technologies of the future?
- How to focus effort on the most relevant technologies for bioprocess (development) of the future?
- Will our current business models still work?
- How do new modalities change the bioprocess (development) landscape?
DSP, Process Intensification and Digitalization
Alois Jungbauer, PhD, Professor & Head, Biotechnology, Institute of Bioprocess Science and Engineering, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU)
- Common DSP challenges
- Integrated continuous manufacturing
- Process control
Gene Therapy CMC and Manufacturing
Christopher Bravery, PhD, Consulting Regulatory Scientist, Consulting on Advanced Biologicals Ltd.
Florence Salmon, PhD, Independent Consultant, Former, Director Regulatory Affairs CMC, Novartis Pharma AG
- Common Analytical Challenges for Viral Vectors
- Potency Assay Development
- Process Development and Scale-up
- Process Change and Comparability
Optimising Formulation Development for Novel Modalities, High and Low Concentration Protein Formulations, Combination Products and Co-Formulations
Paul Dalby, PhD, Professor, Biochemical Engineering, University College London, United Kingdom
- Rapid formulation of novel formats, eg. mRNA, viral vectors, exosomes
- New directions with established modalities, eg. mAbs
- Analytical advances and challenges
- How to handle the very low concentration products